Collaborative & Imaginative
Margate Film Festival returns October 2020. Be a part of it.
Margate Film Festival is a project born out of the turbulence of changing cultural landscapes and a love for the chaos of creativity. A journey through the wilderness of the cinema; of art, politics, identity, feminism, music, performance and more.
The festival connects local communities and artists with national and international initiatives to create a DIY, collaborative film & visual arts celebration. The festival spans across artists moving image, audio-visual installations, talks, workshops and immersive, experimental performances in unexpected places.
We’re looking to collaborate with individuals, venues, organisations and businesses to deliver an unforgettable experience for all audiences. We want to hear from filmmakers, artists, set designers, performers, educators, speakers and musicians, to those with quirky spaces, time to spare and skills to lend.
At this stage, we are looking to discuss potential collaborations or events before we begin submitting funding bids.
We are particularly looking for ideas which are:
– Inclusive; accessible to all
– Dynamic; taking film outside the cinema and out around town
– Diverse; celebrating the broad range of age, culture and background.
– Challenging; ideas which spark debate and conversation
– Communal; events that promote community bonding and progressive change
– Nostalgic; looking at the history of Margate and the surrounding areas
– Bold – Imaginative – Creative –
If you’re a filmmaker who has a film to submit – you can do that [here].
Whether you can donate your time, skills or money – Margate Film Festival needs you!