We are committed to ensuring attendee’s safety and comfort and are closely following government guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, please do get in touch.
The COVID-19 situation has been hard on all of us and we are excited to be able to hold the festival in-person once again. Community is at the centre of everything we do, so this opportunity is not taken lightly. Lockdown rules have lifted but we ask all attendees to still adhere to the following guidelines to help ensure that ALL guests feel comfortable to return to in-venue screenings.
FACE COVERINGS AND MASKS
- Attendees are still expected to wear face coverings when inside the venues (except for exemptions and when eating and drinking).
- Face masks will be available at our box office, should you need one.
- Staff and volunteers will continue to wear face coverings.
- Our venues are not set up in a way in which we can allocate seating, so this is first-come-first-serve.
- We are limiting capacity on all screenings to allow for additional space between seats and rows. The capacity of Union Church will be reduced from 120 to 70, with flexible seating which you may move. Tom Thumb Theatre is reduced from 60 to 40, with fixed seating. The Margate School has 40 fixed seats with ample standing space / seating further away.
- We ask that you maintain social distancing when inside the venues.
- We may ask you to queue outside if it is very busy inside.
- Please keep your distance when queueing for the box office and toilets.
- Please book your tickets in advance where possible.
- We’re remaining contactless and cash-free for payments where possible to cut down on the risk of transmission.
CLEANING AND EXTRA PROTECTION
- We will be airing out the venues in-between each screening.
- Hand sanitiser and access to handwashing facilities are available in all venues
- All of our staff will be encouraged to do daily rapid lateral flow tests.
We thank you for your cooperation in ensuring Margate Film Festival is a safe communal experience.
See you there!